Choho Bamboo is sold with a 25 years warranty in accordance with the conditions listed below. Choho Laminate is sold with a 15 years warranty in accordance with the conditions as well. Of course, all Care and Maintenance Guidelines should be followed at all times.
What is not covered?
- Wear that may be associated with water or liquid damage from any source (moisture ingress from any source into the board). Scratches, stains or indentations of any type are also not covered by this warranty.
- Wear that may be associated with improper installation or improper maintenance procedures. Installation Instructions are provided online.
- The instance of surface checking (fine surface splits), gloss variation between boards, colour variation between boards or irregular nodes (bamboo knots) are considered a natural part of bamboo flooring and are therefore excluded from this warranty.
- Damage, intentional or accidental, caused by abuse, misuse, stiletto heels, dragged objects, heavy furniture, sand, stones, castor wheels, dropped items etc.
- Labour charges associated with any rectification work. In some cases, and only when a floor has been professionally installed by the retailer or place of purchase, reasonable labour costs may be considered, at the sole discretion of Choho Bamboo Australia.
- Any costs associated with any rectification work required other than the supply of new flooring and scotia beading if necessary. Re-painting, removal of fixtures or furniture, accommodation and any other costs are specifically excluded from this warranty.
How to make a Warranty Claim and What is Covered?
To evoke a claim under this warranty, communication with the retailer that the flooring was purchased from must be made. Proof of purchase will be required when contact with the retailer is made. The retailer will then contact to arrange an inspection of the flooring installed, shortly after which a determination will be made regarding the warranty claim. Only if the retailer is no longer trading, direct contact with Fei Yu International Pty Ltd should be established by the consumer. Only an authorized representative of Fei Yu International Pty Ltd can authorise a warranty claim. In the event that a claim is authorised, a remedy will be issued in writing by Fei Yu International Pty Ltd. Remedies will be tailored to suit individual circumstances. Remedies can vary depending on the condition of the floor and warrantable area from full floor replacement to the repair of individual boards. The remedy on each claim will be at the sole discretion of Fei Yu International Pty Ltd. Should board replacement be necessary, new boards from the current batch will be supplied to replace or repair boards. This warranty is in addition to, and has no impact on, statutory rights of any purchaser. Claims must be lodged by contacting the retailer from where the flooring was purchased within 15 days of the problem being noticed.
Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Choho Bamboo is fit for use in internal environments / installations and should not be used externally. Furthermore, Choho bamboo should not be directly adhered to a subfloor and must be installed as a floating floor. Choho Bamboo Floors should be installed in a “bamboo flooring friendly environment” in which the area is occupied, protected from direct heat and sunlight and where heating and cooling systems are in place and used to control the internal temperatures and humidity. Choho Bamboo Flooring should not be installed in wet areas including bathrooms, toilets, areas or rooms where a floor waste (water drain) is present or required. Residential kitchens are not considered as wet areas. Obviously, Choho Bamboo should be installed as per the installation instructions (found inside each carton) and maintained in accordance with the Care & Maintenance Guidelines (available form www.premiumfloors.com.au or from your Choho Bamboo Retailer.
As Choho Bamboo is a natural product, small splits in the surface of the floor can occur. This is known as surface checking and should be considered normal. In addition, small surface blemishes in the coating or gaps that appear between boards as a result of seasonal or environmental changes can also be expected. The coating used to pre-finish Choho Bamboo is not scratch or chip proof and reasonable care should be taken to avoid scratching and chips from occurring. In addition, some gloss variation between boards installed may occur. Note that gloss variation, surface checking, scratches, chips, gaps or small blemishes are NOT considered as major failure. They are considered part of purchasing a natural bamboo floor. These definitions are not intended to reduce or diminish the statutory rights of any purchaser.
As the warranties for Choho Bamboo Flooring deal only with the manufactured goods, installation warranties should be sought from the installation company or individual completing the installation.